Development History & Stage -Organic Pigment-26th, September,2023
Knowledge Sharing-development history and stage of organic pigment
Today I will introduce to you the development history and stage of organic pigment. The details are as follows:
The development history:
The development of organic pigments is a process of continuous exploration and innovation. With the continuous development of technology, the performance of organic pigments is also constantly improving, and its application fields are becoming more and more extensive.
The development history of organic pigments can be traced back to the end of the 19th century. The earliest organic pigments were mordant dyes extracted from plants. After dyeing, they were treated with metal salts to form insoluble lakes. With the development of science and technology, people began to try to directly use water-soluble dyes to prepare pigments.
In 1899, the first pigment prepared using a water-soluble dye was synthetic Lisol Red, which was sold as a sodium salt. In 1903, Pigmentred C (C.I. Pigmentred 53:1) was born. The Hansa Yellow series of pigments began to be sold in 1910.
In 1911, the Pigment Yellow 12 (benzidine yellow) series was born. They are important disazo yellow pigments. Their tinting strength is about twice that of Hansa Yellow and less pigment migration occurs. In 1935, blue phthalocyanine pigment was born, and in 1938, green phthalocyanine pigment began to be officially sold on the market. Both of these were another milestone in the development of organic pigments.
In the 1950s, the Swiss Ciba-Geigy Company and the American DuPont Company successively developed yellow and red azo condensation pigments and quinacridone red and purple pigments with good heat resistance and migration resistance. By the 1960s, yellow, orange, and red benzimidazolone pigments developed by the German company Hoechst also began to appear on the market.
In the 1970s, the yellow isoindolinone and isoindoline pigments developed by the Swiss Ciba-Geigy Company and the German BASF Company, as well as the DPP red and orange pigments launched by the Swiss Ciba Company, were successively released, filling the gap between blue and orange pigments with excellent performance. Vacancies in green spectrum organic pigment varieties.
The development stage:
1. Discovery and use of natural dyes: The earliest pigments used by humans were natural dyes extracted from plants and minerals for dyeing and painting. The use of these dyes dates back to ancient civilizations.
2. Synthesis of organic compounds: In the early 19th century, people began to synthesize organic compounds, which laid the foundation for the development of organic pigments. In 1861, Mene discovered the coupling reaction of aniline diazonium salts with aromatic amines or aromatic phenols, which opened the way for the artificial synthesis of organic dyes and organic pigments.
3. The emergence of the first organic pigments: At the end of the 19th century, people began to try to use water-soluble dyes to prepare pigments. In 1899, Lisol Scarlet Pigment was developed as the first pigment synthesized from a water-soluble dye.
4. The emergence of various organic pigments: Since 1903, many different types of organic pigments have appeared one after another, such as Lake Red C (C.I. Pigmentred 53:1), Hansa Yellow series pigments, and Pigment Yellow 12 (Benzidine Yellow) series. , blue phthalocyanine pigment, green phthalocyanine pigment, etc. The emergence of these pigments has greatly enriched the variety of organic pigments.
5. Diversification of organic pigment structures: With the continuous development of technology, the structures and types of organic pigments are also constantly diversified. According to the structure, organic pigments can be divided into azo types, phthalocyanines, heterocyclic fused ring ketones, etc.
6. Development of new materials and new technologies: In the 21st century, with the development of new materials and new technologies, organic pigments are also constantly innovating and developing. New organic pigments not only have excellent color performance and weather resistance, but are also environmentally friendly and sustainable.
With the continuous advancement of technology, the production and use of organic pigments has developed into a huge industry, providing rich color choices and excellent performance for art, industry and other fields.
Fineland Chem has more than 15 years experience, we are specialize in organic pigment production and have a professional producing skills and reliable service.
If you need any organic pigment, please feel free to contact us---Fineland Chem,
Looking forward to your inquiry!