Introduction-Organic Pigment-12th, October,2023
Today I will introduce pigment to you,as follows:
What is pigment?
Pigment is a substance that imparts color to an object, and its color and properties can vary depending on the field of application.
Pigment can usually be divided into two categories: inorganic pigment and organic pigment. Inorganic pigment mostly refer to mineral substances, while organic pigment come from plants and marine animals.
The tinting power, light resistance, heat resistance, solvent resistance and migration resistance of the pigment will all affect its application effect.
Pigment can be of many types according to different classification methods as follows:
1. According to the chemical structure: Pigment can be divided into two categories: inorganic pigments and organic pigments. Inorganic pigments mainly refer to mineral substances, while organic pigments come from plants and marine animals.
2. According to the manufacturing method: Pigment can be divided into two categories: native pigments and processed pigments. Virgin pigment are extracted directly from natural materials, while processed pigments are created through methods such as chemical reactions or physical treatments.
3. According to application fields: Pigment can be divided into coatings, inks, plastics, cosmetics, electronic chemical applications, art and entertainment projects, etc. In these areas, the color and properties of the pigment need to be selected and adjusted as needed.
4. According to color: Pigment can be divided into red, orange, yellow, green, blue,violet, white, black, etc.
5. According to the composition properties of raw materials: Pigment can be divided into mineral pigment, plant-extracted pigment, metal-extracted pigment, chemical pigment, mixed pigment, etc.
Pigment is widely used in many fields as follows:
1. Coatings and inks: This is one of the main areas of pigment application and is used to produce various decorative and protective coatings and inks, such as furniture, cars, houses, etc.
2. Plastics industry: In the plastics industry, pigment is often used for coloring and masking, and can also enhance certain properties of plastics, such as weather resistance and UV resistance.
3. Papermaking industry: In the papermaking industry, pigment is mainly used to produce colored paper and cardboard, and is also used to improve the light-shielding and durability of paper.
4. Rubber products: Rubber products usually require the addition of pigment to improve their color and appearance.
5. Ceramic Industry: In the ceramic industry, pigment is mainly used to produce ceramic products with specific colors and appearances.
6. Cosmetics: In cosmetics, pigment is mainly used in the production of makeup, skin care products, nail polish and other products.
7. Electronic chemical applications: In some electronic chemical application fields, such as the manufacturing process of solar panels and LEDs, specific pigment need to be used to achieve specific functions.
8. Art and entertainment projects: In art and entertainment projects, such as painting, color printing, etc. Pigment is one of the indispensable materials.
In general, the application fields of pigments are very wide. Different types of pigments have different properties and uses, and need to be selected and used according to different needs.
If you need any pigment, please feel free to contact us---Fineland Chem
We are a professional factory that specialize in pigment production.
Looking forward to your inquiry!